Gold-infused skincare products are the epitome of indulgence. Nothing says ‘luxury’ like slipping on a face mask or applying a serum that’s made with real, glittering gold. But gold skincare isn’t just lavish. This trend also offers incredible benefits that will leave skin glowing.
Gold Skincare: An Ancient Tradition
While gold in skincare might seem like a hot new trend, it’s been around for thousands of years. There’s evidence that ancient Japanese and Roman people used gold in makeup as well as medicine. Legend has it that Cleopatra herself slept in a gold face mask every night.
While it’s hard to say precisely what was in these ancient masks, modern gold-infused skincare products are mainly made up of two kinds of gold: colloidal and 24K. Colloidal gold, sometimes called nano gold, is tiny gold particles suspended in a liquid. 24K gold is the purest kind of gold possible and has been documented to have the most noticeable effects on skin.
The Benefits of Gold-Infused Skincare
Research has shown that gold-infused skincare offers benefits like:
- Reduced Inflammation – A 2018 study discovered that colloidal gold helped reduce the production of compounds that lead to skin inflammation.
- Decreased Acne – A nanomedicine study published in 2012 confirmed that, when used in conjunction with other antioxidants, gold can help heal wounds faster. Experts speculate that this is because gold has strong anti-bacterial properties, which can aid in soothing acne.
- Protection from Free Radicals – Gold is an antioxidant, which means it protects the skin from free radicals. As such, this magical ingredient has been known to help reduce collagen and DNA damage and even slow aging.
- Increased Circulation – Gold has also been shown to increase circulation, leaving the skin appearing more luminous, energized, and youthful.
- Increased Absorption of Other Compounds – Singaporean researchers conducted a study that found gold helps increase the absorption and efficacy of other common skincare ingredients, particularly when used in face masks.
How to Incorporate Gold Into Your Skincare Routine
Gold is relatively easy to incorporate into a skincare regimen. It rarely causes allergic reactions, does not increase sun sensitivity, and combines well with many other skincare ingredients.
This potent mineral works best when it has time to absorb. The best gold-infused skincare products are those that are left on the skin, like moisturizers, serums, or masks. A gold face mask is a wonderful treat for when your skin feels tired or dehydrated at the end of the week, while a gold serum is great for daily use. Incorporate gold eye masks into your routine at least once a week to see the benefits.
Experience the Power of Gold
Now is the time to harness the power of gold for your skin. An effective, simple, and undeniably lavish way to experience this power is with a KNESKO collagen gold mask.
Our golden eye masks, face masks, and more are brimming with a potent serum made with 24K colloidal gold. Combined with natural ingredients like marine collagen and hyaluronic acid, the masks restore and nourish the skin from the inside out. Everyone looks their best during golden hour, and with the gold-infused KNESKO skincare line, your skin will have that luxurious glow 24/7.