If you’re anything like me, you probably have a vanity loaded with products to help you maintain beautiful, youthful skin. When it comes to choosing skincare products, the options are endless: serums, moisturizers, peels, creams – not to mention, masks. Especially when it comes to masks, there are multiple versions to choose from (paper? Peel-off? Mud?), and it’s not always easy to know what to use and when to use it. But there’s one type of beauty mask that’s a definite must-have in your skincare routine if you want to achieve the skin benefits you’re looking for: the collagen beauty mask.
Collagen beauty masks have long been a staple in skincare routines, and for good reason. The right mask can help target and treat specific skin concerns such as dryness, redness, dullness, inflammation, and other signs of aging in a luxurious, spa-like experience at home. Here, we help you decode the benefits of the collagen beauty mask and how to choose the masks that are right for you.
What is a Beauty Mask?
Collagen beauty masks are designed to impart active ingredients into your skin over your treatment period. These beauty masks work magic on your skin because the ingredients infused in the collagen mask’s serum are held to the surface of your skin for an extended period of time, to impart maximum absorption into the skin’s deepest layers.
While other types of masks have skin benefits, they aren’t as effective at penetrating deeper layers of the skin with effective ingredients. Paper masks are porous and dry quickly; mud and cream masks are washed off at the end of the treatment and, along with the mask, so are some of the nutrients that didn’t absorb into your skin. Collagen beauty masks, on the other hand, blanket your skin with active ingredients thanks to the density of the masks and the longer treatment period, preventing the ingredients from evaporating so that they can really sink in and go to work.
The Benefits of Beauty Masks
As with any beauty treatment, collagen beauty mask benefits vary depending on the ingredients, but you can expect to experience:
- Boosted Collagen Levels – Collagen masks replenish your skin’s collagen levels to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and dullness while promoting better elasticity.
- Detoxification – While washing your face keeps the skin’s surface clean, a detoxifying beauty mask cleanses below the surface to help with dullness, clogged or enlarged pores, and inflammation.
- Hydration – When your skin is dehydrated, it becomes dull and unhealthy. Collagen masks are masterful at providing prolonged skin hydration, supplementing what a daily moisturizer can provide.
- Antioxidants- Daily environmental stressors expose our skin to free radicals that can expedite the aging process. By introducing an antioxidant facial mask, you can reverse and fortify your skin against these damaging effects.
- Holistic Wellness – Beauty masks aren’t just good for the skin. They’re good for your spirit, too. The ritual of applying the mask and the necessary time to relax and let the masks work their magic forces you to take a break from the stress of everyday life and take the time you need to recharge, recenter, and practice self-love.
Not All Beauty Masks Are Created Equal
Not every beauty mask on the market will provide the benefits you seek. When shopping for collagen masks, pay attention to the ingredients as many are made with ingredients that may do more harm than good. Avoid red-flag ingredients such as sulfates, phthalates, parabens, PEG, and phenoxyethanol, and reach for higher quality products with all-natural ingredients, such as:
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Rose Oil
- Hyaluronic Acid
- Aloe Vera
- Green Tea
The secret is out: collagen beauty masks are in! KNESKO’s top-of-the-line collagen beauty masks are made with our exclusive GEMCLINICALTM technology and 100% natural serum formulas to promote beauty from the inside out. Whatever your skin and spirit crave, there’s a KNESKO mask created to meet your needs. Try our Diamond Radiance Collection when you’re looking to impart brilliance and a smoother finish into your skin; Nano Gold Repair Collection to fight inflammation and signs of aging; Rose Quartz Antioxidant Collection to calm and soothe agitated skin; and our Black Pearl Charcoal Detox Collection when your skin deeds a detox and a reboot. Try one, try all, and let us know what you think at our #KNESKOmmunity!