You can often use serum right after using a face mask, but it depends on the specific type. Some products are meant to be rinsed off after a certain period of time, while others are intended to be left on overnight or have special instructions.
If you’ve applied a standard face mask that’s meant to be removed or rinsed off relatively quickly, you can take your masking experience to the next level by applying serum directly after you remove the mask and pat your skin dry.
If you’re using a specialty face mask, like those designed to be worn overnight, you may want to double-check the instructions before applying serum. Some might recommend applying a serum before applying the mask.
The correct order for your skincare routine
While you can consider the following as general advice, make sure you take a look at the instructions that came with your face mask! You might see that the mask that you’re about to apply should be paired with other products in a specific order.
However, if you’re mixing and matching products or your the ones you use lack specific instructions, consider following this order:
- Cleanser – To help the ingredients of masks and serums better penetrate your skin, it’s essential that you clean it first, removing any impurities, makeup, and dirt
- Toner – While it’s not necessary, you can apply a toner after rinsing off your cleanser to help rebalance skin
- Face mask – Take some time to relax while you apply the face mask to cleansed skin
- Serum – When your skin is cleansed, toned, and nourished, it’s the perfect time to apply serum! In fact, you’ll probably have some leftover serum from your face mask that you can use to give yourself a luxurious face massage
- Moisturizer – To lock in moisture after your skincare routine, apply a moisturizer. If you do so in the morning, let the moisturizer sink in for several minutes before applying makeup. Even better, be sure your moisturizer has SPF in it to protect you from UV rays during the day
Which serums should you use after rinsing off a face mask?
Using a face mask is an effective way to rejuvenate your skin and nurture your soul. Depending on the one you use, it may offer anti-aging benefits, even out your skin tone, or brighten up dull or dark spots.
You can boost the benefits of a face mask by applying the right serum afterward.
After thoroughly removing your mask, choose a serum based on your skincare goals. For instance, if you need to nourish dry, rough skin, look for a serum with hyaluronic acid. It is a powerful moisturizer that also helps fight the signs of aging.
Another type of serum to consider using is one formulated with peptides. These are very potent anti-aging ingredients. A serum that contains an array of peptides will promote the production of collagen and elastin in the skin. This will help reduce the appearance of wrinkles for a younger, more refreshed look.
Treat your skin to holistic, luxurious beauty products
At KNESKO, we design clean beauty products backed by science. Each one has been lovingly developed to nourish the spirit while beautifying the skin. Our collagen face, eye, lip, and neck masks and gemstone face rollers are infused with Reiki energy to balance the chakras—and turn back the effects of time and gravity. Plus, the face masks come with an abundance of serum that can be applied after your masking treatment! Experience our unique skincare products for yourself and find out why so many A-list celebrities love KNESKO.